EPI Lasik Treatment
EPI Lasik Head (Safe, Effective, Permanent)
New vision Lasik Center is pleased to introduce Epilasik.
With Epilasik safe Lasik Procedure is even more safer. A
unique blade less instrument called epikeratome separated
the corneal epithelium to make a flap.
Epilasik is a new laser eye surgery procedure
▪ Device similar to a microkeratome (called
epi- keratome) slides over the surface of the cornea, just
underneath the epithelial layer of cells while suction is
▪ The result is a hinged sheet of epithelium that is at
least partially viable.
▪ It is reflected out of the way so that the ablation can
▪ The sheet is repositioned and a bandage soft contact lens
is placed on the eye.
▪ If you have Epilasik you'll likely experience some pain,
which is manageable with over-the-counter painkillers. The
pain is reportedly less than with PRK or LASEK.
EPI - Lasik Indications
▪ Thin corneas
▪ Flat corneas
▪ Small palpebral opening, deep-set eyes, limbal anomalies,
Dry Eye Patients with high risk of trauma (basketball,
football, hockey players etc.)
▪ Leaves no marks on cornea.
▪ Better option for patients with thin corneas.
▪ No risk of postoperative dry eye problems.
▪ It provides a more predictable outcome.
Recovery (Compared to Lasik)
▪ Minimal discomfort lasts for 24 to 36 hours compared to 6
hrs for Lasik.
▪ Visual recovery takes 3-4 days as compared to typically 2
days for Lasik.